Monday, April 13, 2009

To be nervous or not to be nervous

Faith - to believe in things not seen

The Christian faith says we are to believe that with God all things are possible, that God is looking out for our best interests (even if that isn't what we think we want), and that we shouldn't worry because God will take care of us. To worry is to no have faith that God will do these things. I don't do this well.

I can't say that I haven't been worrying worrying over the last several weeks as I have waited the outcome of my husband's last interview in Colorado. I have tried to keep myself busy, but all that has done is to keep my mind occupied as much as possible. As soon as I have time to think, I find myself thinking about it, turning it around in my head, examining it from all sides.

I am a person who runs scenarios in my head. If this happens, then I (or we) could do this. Some poeple say that is worrying because I am not letting the future take care of itself. Does this mean that noone can prepare for the future? That preparation and forethought is a form of not trusting God?

No comments: